About UsProud members of the Cavity Clearance Association
Cavity Clearance Solutions is a specialist cavity wall insulation clearance and extraction company. Founded by Simon Redfearn and his partner, Kelly Victoria Thorn after seeing time and time again whilst out surveying properties, failed and damaged insulation measures wreaking havoc with people’s homes.
Cavity wall insulation is an excellent way of reducing heating bills, however, It will only work within a property that is suitable, that is not exposed to wind driven rainfall and, properly maintained.
Many many thousands of homewners have been promised the benefits of Cavity Wall Insulation when their homes were not suitable and the operatives ‘mis-selling’ these measures were not even qualified to make that decisions. The result is literally hundreds of thousands of homes are suffering from damp, mould, timber rot and increased heating bills.
We are passionate about helping homeowners protect the most valuable asset they own, their home.
How Can We Help?
- General cavity wall insulation clearance, removal or extraction.
- Removal of damp cavity wall insulation.
- Removal of failed cavity wall insulation.
- Insurance peril damage to cavity wall insulation.
- Failed damp course.
- Debris or sand in cavity.
- Removal of white wool insulation.
- Removal of expanded polystyrene bead insulation.
- Removal of urea formaldehyde foam insulation.
- Removal of BASF Walltite.
How Can We Help?
- Removal of isothane cavity wall insulation.
- Removal of polyurethane foam cavity wall insulation.
- Removal of Rockwool cavity wall insulation.
- Removal of blown mineral fibre cavity wall insulation.
- Removal of Knauf blown mineral fibre cavity wall insulation.
- Help with flood/fire/smoke/impact damaged cavity wall insulation.
- Dealing with cavity wall insulation in connection with subsidence repairs.
- We can assist private property owners, housing associations, local authorities, property managers, estate agents, facilities management companies.
Originally a contracting Quantity Surveyor, I then moved into Insurance Loss adjusting with a buildings focus and oversaw the creation of a national building repair solution based upon agreed measured term rates that became the blueprint for how insurance repair networks operate to this day.
I then owned my own Insurance Building Repair Company that covered the North West of England. This company was involved in reinstating many damaged properties and notably we were involved in the Carlisle floods of 2005, Hull floods of 2007 and Cumbria floods of 2010, for which we won an award from Lloyds Banking Group for our contribution.
I got interested in Cavity Wall Insulation by accident whilst surveying a property following storm damage and embarked upon a learning journey that has ultimately led me to create the Cavity Clearance Association.
Witnessing first hand the homes damaged by poor or inadequate insulation measures and seeing the bad publicity that the cavity wall insulation industry has had with its poor regulation and monitoring, I decided that the emerging Cavity Clearance Industry needed to do better, needed proper regulation and needed a respected trade association to represent it.
[email protected] 07887 535415
Kelly Victoria Thorn
Alongside ensuring that the administrative side of Cavity Clearance Solutions runs as smoothly as possible, I also own and teach Pilates at Inner Power Pilates, and Natural Movement at the Natural Movement Centre.
Prior to this I was a self-employed virtual assistant for 15 years, running other peoples’ businesses remotely. I helped Simon set up CCS due to the obvious need for a reputable and reliable CWI extraction company on the Fylde Coast and because our new property needed the badly installed CWI removing.
[email protected] – o7887 535412